40 Things To Do In Jersey
29 Dec 2017 / by Eleanor
There are many things to see and do in Jersey - from wonderful walks to heritage celebrations, glorious beaches and divine local produce, Jersey really is the perfect island break. For those keen to keep active, Jersey offers a tantalising array of outdoor pursuits. However, if you would rather take time out from everyday life, why not retreat to Jersey for a luxury spa break? Jersey is also jam-packed with award winning attractions and places to visit including magnificent castles, emotive war tunnels, fascinating wildlife and adventure parks.
Here are our top 40 things to do in Jersey, an island that's small on size, but big on personality - you may need to plan a few trips to experience them all!
1. Take a walk around the marina at sunset - The most peaceful spot to take that evening stroll with a glorious back drop.
2. Eat at the Central Market - Opened in 1882, the cafés are situated alongside colourful fruit and flower stalls and interesting architecture.
3. Visit Elizabeth Castle - A castle surrounded by sea; take a walk out to it along the causeway at low tide.
4. Discover a new distillery, Channel Islands Liquor Company - Inviting customers to learn more about its unique approach to producing liquor, whilst offering unique views across the marina.
5. Visit Jersey Opera House - The opera house was built in 1895 and is today one of the most iconic buildings in Jersey.
6. Ride the FlowRider™ at the Merton Hotel - Surfing is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. For many, 'riding a wave' provides the ultimate adrenaline rush.
7. Be fascinated by Jersey Museum and Art Gallery - This captivating museum provides history from 250,000 years ago when the first people arrived in Jersey and continues through the centuries.
8. Delve into the caves at Plemont Bay - Explore the caves and rock pools on the picturesque northern coast. A completely recovered beach at low tide, enjoy lunch with a view at the perfectly situated café on the cliff top.
9. Unearth Bunker Yoga - Run out of a converted WW2 German bunker, the space is a platform to celebrate and explore the natural surroundings with surfing, yoga and simple, healthy food.
10. Cycle to Corbiere lighthouse - Take a scenic cycle and finish up at the spectacular Corbiere lighthouse. Grab a Jersey dairy ice cream on the way!
11. Indulge in a BBQ down at La Braye - The perfect place for family BBQs with a glorious sunset backdrop.
12. Spend a day out at the Channel Islands Military Museum - The Channel Islands Military Museum is a time capsule for those interested in the history of our recent past.
13. Take the family to Les Mielles funzone - Excitement for all the family with many activities that are suitable for all ages.
14. Enjoy a day at Jersey Races - A day at the races is great fun for all the family and at Les Landes racecourse you are guaranteed a day to remember.
15. Dine at the Atlantic Hotel and enjoy an award winning meal - This exceptional dining experience offers superb quality cuisine at the award winning Ocean Restaurant in the Atlantic Hotel.
16. Get involved in water sports down at St. Brelade's Bay - Ride a banana boat, brave pier jumping, or try paddle boarding. St Brelade's Bay has all the favorite water activities.
17. Take a picnic to Beauport - Pack a basket full of your favorite treats, grab a blanket and experience one of Jersey's most picturesque beaches.
18. Eat pizza at Portelet - Famed for its white sand and shallow turquoise water. A newly renovated pizza restaurant is situated right on the sand.
19. Visit Fish 'n' Beads shop - This quirky little shack sells paintings on driftwood and handmade jewellery; you can even make your own!
20. Find Fishermans Chapel - Set in St. Brelade's Bay, escape the sun in the oldest chapel on the island and take in the breathtaking views.
21. Play Golf at Les Ormes - Les Ormes boasts a fantastic 9 hole golf course which includes free club hire.
22. Visit Jersey Lavender Farm - Wander round the stunning gardens and let the kids be entertained by the discovery trail or even by feeding the chickens!
23. Indulge in afternoon tea at the L'Horizon - Enjoy afternoon tea with beautiful ocean views. This is something not to be rushed.
24. Take a RIB boat tour - Enjoy a ride a group of islands located 6 miles north east of Jersey. Take a rib boat, with local guides, out to experience these stunning 300 metre long islets.
25. Go dolphin watching - Just 8 miles from France, spot dolphins and other marine wildlife in the clear waters surrounding the magnificent Les Ecrehous.
26. Visit Jersey Zoo - Stroll around the grounds of the wildlife park that is home to some of the rarest animals on the planet. Visit gorillas, orangutans, meerkats and many more!
27. Stay in 5* Yurts at Durrell Wildlife Park- This is luxury glamping with a unique twist. Have a camping getaway in 5* yurts surrounded by wildlife.
28. Sample La Mare wine - Established in 1972, sample La Mare wines, cream liquor, fudge and chocolate all produced and sold on the estate.
29. See the magnificent Mont Orgueil Castle - You can't miss it. Open all year round and the centre attraction of Gorey fishing village.
30. Discover The Works - Baked breads, pastries, cakes, preserves and chutneys all made with ingredients sourced locally from Jersey's finest producers.
31. Be charitable at the Gorey Fete - Walk along the pier decked out with stalls and fairground rides. Be sure to watch the 'yard of ale' contest as well as live music and fireworks.
32. Explore Jersey War Tunnels - Visit the museum recounting stories of the WW2 Nazi occupation of Jersey.
33. Take a Skydive - Take in the island's spectacular views from the air.
34. Visit aMaizin Adventure Park - The perfect family attraction with dozens of activities for the children.
35. Cycle along St Aubin's Bay - Hire a bike, take in the fresh sea air, stunning views and pop into one of the many cafes that are available along the way.
36. Check out Harbour View Gallery - Check out the gallery fully of amazing work by local artists. Finish up with lunch at the Harbour View Cafe or sit along the quaint marina.
37. Experience the Mansell Collection - The story of Nigel Mansell's epic career, a must for F1 enthusiasts.
Rozel, St Saviour & St Clement
38. Devour breakfast at The Hungry Man - The best place around for a big breakfast based on Rozel Pier.
39. Treat yourself to a luxurious Spa day at Longueville Manor - Treat yourself to a sumptuous day at the spa, the perfect time to de-stress and unwind.
40. Explore the Botanic Gardens at Samares Manor - Explore the many distinctive gardens and unique plant collections.
Our most recent posts
Summer is here in Jersey
06 Jun 2019 / by Eleanor
Island Hopping in the Channel Islands
18 Apr 2019 / by Eleanor
Jersey foodie events
30 Jan 2019 / by Eleanor
Summer in the Channel Islands
19 Jun 2018 / by Eleanor