Full details of cover will be sent with your holiday confirmation/invoice or you can download our FULL INSURANCE POLICY here
Summary of cover - The following is only a summary of the main cover limits and you should read the policy document for the full terms and conditions. All details correct as at date of print but subject to change without notice.
|Section/cover||Bronze cover limits (up to)||Silver cover limits (up to)||Gold cover limits (up to)||Excess|
|24 hour personal assistance||£250||£250||£250||nil|
|Cancellation or curtailment||£500||£1500||£5000||£75 (£35 deposit)|
|Emergency medical & associated expenses||£5 million||£5 million||£10 million||£100|
|In-patient benefit||£15 per day/ max £600||£15 per day/ max £600||£15 per day/ max £600|
|Loss of passport||£200||£200||£300||nil|
|Delayed personal possessions||£100 after 12 hours||£100 after 12 hours||£150 after 12 hours||nil|
|Delayed departure||£20 first 8 hrs, £20 each extra 12 hrs, max £60||£20 first 6 hrs, £20 each extra 10 hrs, max £60||£20 first 6 hrs, £20 each extra 10 hrs, max £6||nil|
|Personal liability||£2 million||£2 million||£2 million||nil|
|Hijack/mugging||n/a||n/a||£50/day max £500||nil|
|Petcare||n/a||n/a||£50/day max £500||nil|
Demands and needs
This travel insurance policy will suit the demands and needs of an individual, or group (where applicable) who have no excluded pre-existing medical conditions, are travelling to countries included within the policy terms and who wish to insure themselves against the unforeseen events detailed in the cover section below. Subject to terms and conditions and maximum specified claims limits.
Important: We will not provide you with advice about the suitability of this product for your individual needs but we will be happy to provide you with factual information.
Important information about your Channel Islands Direct Travel Insurance
We strongly recommend insurance to all our customers. Channel Islands Direct have arranged, through Holiday Extras, a holiday insurance. The applicable premium per person must be included with the deposit. Full details of cover will be sent with your holiday confirmation/invoice.
Insurer - The insurance is underwritten Allianz World Partners (AWP)
Policy Document - The policy wording gives you full details of what is and what is not covered and what to do if you need to claim. It is very important that you read the whole of this policy before you travel and make sure the cover is suitable for you. Please make sure that you take it on holiday with you in case of an emergency. A copy of the policy wording is available on request, if you require full details of cover prior to buying this insurance, please ask us to send you a copy.
Policy Limits - Each section of the policy shows the most you can claim but other limits may apply. For example under the Personal Possessions Section there are other specific limits for any one item and for valuables (including photographic equipment). If you intend to take expensive items with you please check that you are fully covered.
Conditions and exclusions - Your policy does not cover all possible events and expenses. There are conditions and exclusions that apply to individual sections of the policy and general conditions and exclusions that apply to the whole policy.
Health declaration and exclusions - These apply to the cancellation or curtailment charges, Emergency medical and associated expenses and Personal accident sections. It is very important that you read and understand the following and if necessary declare any existing medical conditions to the screening service, Latitude, on 0800 093 6446.
If you are travelling within the United Kingdom, Channel Islands or Isle of Man, it is a condition of this policy that you can comply with the following:
1. You are fit to travel and undertake your planned journey.
2. You are not travelling against medical advice or would have been advised not to travel if you had consulted your doctor.
3. You are not travelling with the purpose of having medical treatment or consultation.
4. You are not awaiting the outcome of any medical tests or an appointment at a medical facility for any medical investigations.
For all other travel
1. You will not be covered for any directly or indirectly related claims (see note within this section) arising from the following if at the time of taking out this insurance or in the case of Annual multi-trip policies, at any time prior to departing on your journey (whichever is later), you:
a) are being prescribed regular medication;
b) have received treatment for or had a consultation with a doctor or hospital specialist for any medical condition in the past 2 years;
c) are being referred to, treated by or under the care of a doctor or a hospital specialist;
d) are awaiting treatment or consultation at any medical facility or awaiting the results of any tests or investigations.
You should call Holiday Extras medical line on 0800 093 6446 (Monday-Friday, 8am-7pm and Saturday 8.30am-5pm) quoting ‘ABTA V076’ if:
• you need to declare a medical condition;
• you develop a medical condition after your policy was issued;
• your existing condition changes after your policy was issued;
• you are unsure whether a medical condition needs to be declared or not.~
The confidential helpline will be able to confirm if cover can be provided for your medical conditions. If you need to make a claim arising from a medical condition that has not been declared and accepted by us, it is unlikely that your claim will be paid. Each person insured by us would still be covered for any unrelated medical condition(s) and other sections of cover subject to the terms and conditions of this policy.
Accepted medical conditions - If you have one (and only one) medical condition and it is listed below, there is no need to declare it. Should you need to make a claim arising from that condition, your doctor must confirm in writing the date of diagnosis, that the condition was stable prior to travel and that there was no foreseeable reason why you should need to claim on this policy:Acid reflux
Asthma (if well controlled by using inhalers only)
Diabetes Type 2 only (if well controlled and no associated conditions e.g. Glaucoma or other eye problems, kidney problems or peripheral vascular disease)
Hypertension (high blood pressure
Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid)
Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid)
Irritable bowel syndrome
Minor ailments - You do not have to declare minor ailments e.g. hay fever, tonsillitis, ear infections, colds / flu, skin irritations, chiropody, dental treatment etc if you:
• were only prescribed short term antibiotics, non-prescription pain killers, creams / ointments;
• have had no further problems since; or
• have been advised by your doctor that it is safe to travel.
1. You will not be covered if you travel against the advice of a doctor or where you would have been advised not to travel if you had sought their advice before beginning your journey
2. You will not be covered if you know you will need medical treatment or consultation at any medical facility during your journey.
3. You will not be covered for any directly or indirectly related claim if, before your journey, a doctor diagnosed that you have a terminal condition.
4. You will not be covered if you were waiting for medical treatment or consultation at any medical facility or were under investigation for a medical condition when your policy was issued unless it has been declared to us and accepted in writing.
5. You will not be covered if you are travelling specifically for the purpose of obtaining and / or receiving any elective surgery, procedure or hospital treatment.
If we are unable to cover a medical condition, this will mean that any other person insured by us will not be able to make a claim arising from the medical condition(s). This may even apply if the person with the medical condition(s) purchases cover from another provider.
Relevant facts - You must tell the insurer all relevant facts. A relevant fact is one that is likely to influence them in accepting your insurance. This could be the state of health of a close relative whose health may cause you to cancel or curtail your trip. If you are in any doubt as to whether a fact is relevant, you should tell the insurer. If you do not do so, this may result in a claim being invalid.
Cancellation rights - If your cover does not meet your requirements, please return the documentation within 14 days of receipt and your premium will be refunded in full unless you have travelled, made a claim or intend to make a claim. Please not that your cancellation rights are no longer valid after this initial 14 day period.
Making a complaint - The policy contains a complaint procedure which tells you what steps you can take if you wish to make a complaint.
Governing Law - Unless agreed otherwise, English law will apply and all communications and documentation in relation to this policy will be in English.
Channel Islands Direct is an Appointed Representative of Holiday Extras Ltd., who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).